Dana H. Carroll
I began my legal career in litigation, working in various areas of civil law. At that time, I represented mostly insurance companies, and knew I wanted a different career path where I could help real people and their families.
I knew when I started representing people in Social Security Disability claims, I had found my calling. I am very passionate about helping disabled children and adults receive the disability benefits they deserve and so desperately need. I tell my husband that many days, I get paid in hugs – which is so rewarding – knowing that I can help people when they need it most.
Through my work with children’s Social Security Disability, I found that many of my clients could use an advocate to help them navigate other areas affecting their children, including obtaining guardianship for a child who is turning eighteen. Many times families are unsure about what they should do or how to help their growing child with disabling impairments. I enjoy working with parents and children to guide them through what can be a difficult and confusing time.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, B.S.
Proud Member of:
- Georgia State Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Cobb Women of the Bar, President 2015-2016
- Federal Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, NOSSCR
Cobb Transition Council
- Advocates for Students with Disabilities Committee